Sunday, July 5, 2009

My "cute" Puppy?


I am just warning some of you ahead of time that this post may have TMI!

You see this cute little puppy (Maddy) is quickly becoming more disgusting everyday.

A little background story on Maddy. You see I have wanted a little puppy for a very long time and my Husband was totally against it and still is. But, he gave in last Nov. and let me get one. She is a good little puppy and the kids absolutely love her (this is probably the only reason we still have her) but, who knew how disgusting she would be. For starters she eats her own poop if not watched very carefully each time she goes out to potty. She used to be really bad about this but has gotten a lot better lately. She actually watches the front door to see if anyone is watching her. She has been very hard to potty train, (I think we are 90% there) and she likes to eat on the families undergarments after they have been worn. There have been several times that I have thought to myself why did I want a dog inside. I of course would never tell my husband of this. I mean are all little indoor dogs like this? Well, as if that is not bad today she (not her fault) had the most horrific smell coming from her.

It went like this: Caleb: "Yuck, Maddy just tooted on me and peed a little"

I : "What do you mean?"

They were headed downstairs and were back upstairs by this time. We all were smelling this horrific smell.

Ernie: "What is that smell?" (covering his nose with his shirt)

I: "Put her in her cage"

The smell continues to get worse. The kids are running around with there noses in their shirts.

I: "put her outside"

I start thinking, Hmmm, one of my friends told me a couple of months ago that small and some big dogs need to have their glands in their buttock squeezed. GROSS!!! She knew this b/c she had taken her big dog to the vet and while she was there they had to do this to her dog. She had told me of the horrific smell that it causes.

I: say to the kids oh, "I bet I know what happened" and I explain my thought to them.

Ernie:"that's real nice!"LOL

Caleb: says to me "Oh, ya, I did that"
I: "You did what?"

Caleb: "I was squeezing her bottom" (he showed me the action he took)

I: "Caleb, that is disgusting!, go wash your hands and change your clothes"(he was wiping his hands all over his clothes)


Needless to say I will not have to take my "cute" little dog to have this disgusting thing taken care of at the vet. My little Caleb never seems to surprise me with his actions.

2 comments:

Christa said...

EEWWWW!!!!! That smell is GROSS!!

Maybe Caleb will be a Vet one day. He just saved you about $20.

Farm Chick (at Heart) said...

YUCK! That is nasty! Hee Hee.